After the parade, we all went to Kennedy's, a small pub where we were able to watch the matches. Some of our friends' parents were here and it was fun to talk to them about their plans for Ireland! We spent the day exploring the different pubs, listening to music, drinking beer, and enjoying the positive, cheery atmosphere of St. Patrick's day.
On Tuesday of this week, our Service Learning and Literacy class threw an Easter fair/party for the primary school children in the homework club that we volunteer for at Scoil Bhride. We've been preparing for the fair for the past month or so. We set up tables in the gym of the school with crafts, games, snacks and activities and the children absolutely loved it. One little boy ran up to a girl, beaming, and exclaimed that it was the best day of his life. The kids were so hyper and most were running around, covered in chocolate, like crazy people, but I loved every second of the chaotic afternoon. I haven't had the chance to hang out with young kids here since I've been volunteering with the secondary school teenagers, so it was a great change and reminded me how much I love working with kids and how excited I am to return to camp this summer. I attended my last homework club last Thursday. It was sad to say goodbye to the secondary schools students that I have gotten to know over the course of the semester. I can only hope that they continue to attend the club and that they are able to remove themselves from the "at risk" category because I know how talented and intelligent they are!
Day Pubbin' After the Parade
At the Parade
Jenni and I
Irish Dancers
The flags of the 14 Tribes of Galway
Bailey and I!
Lindsay, Gracie, and I at the parade











No comments:
Post a Comment